What Are These?
Many patients ask this as often they have never heard of this amazing new orthodontic technology!
Simply put, these are very tiny anchors that are temporarily placed in the patient’s mouth to facilitate certain tooth movements. They are usually placed with a just small amount of topical anesthetic cream (no needles!) in most cases, and placement usually takes less than 5 minutes. When the prescribed movements are completed, these devices are then easily removed.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES
& USES FOR THE PATIENT?
- Avoiding jaw surgery
- Avoiding tooth extractions
- Avoiding headgear
- Faster treatment times
- Reduction of gummy smiles
- Avoiding restorative dentistry for missing teeth
- Correction of a slanted smile
- Correction of super-erupted teeth
- Minimal discomfort (less than braces usually)
- Making the impossible - possible!